Montreal Runner Mom was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Earth Zen Mama! Thank you Jenn! I love these blogs awards. They are great fun to write and a fabulous way to learn more about our fellow bloggers 🙂
So what exactly does this mean? What must be done? Here are the details.
Once nominated, one must….
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
So here we go!
7 things about myself that my readers may not know…..
1. Early in our marriage, my husband and I used say we wanted 4 kids….then we had Zach and changed our desired number to 3….then we had Chloe and changed our desired number to 2. Love those little buggers but it turns out that the energy required to raise 4 kids was just not in us!!
2. Worst car accident I ever had was the time I hit a boat. Yes, a boat and no I did not drive into the river. I was coming home late after a night out and was driving too fast down a residential street. As a stop sign approached, I hit the break pedal at the last minute and stopped short. As I did my open purse flew off the passenger seat and spilled the contents of my makeup bag on the floor. Of course being the girly girl that I am I didn’t want to lose my favorite lipstick….so I made the incredibly stupid decision to reach down and get it….while driving….I kept my left hand on the wheel and reached over. Next thing I knew I had driven up a driveway, across the lawn and into the side of a very expensive boat. The impact knocked the boat off its stand and it landed parallel to my car. The entire front engine of my car was pushed up into me and I was pinned into my seat. Oh and it turned out that the owner of the boat had just cancelled his insurance, the season had ended the day before. Oups….
3. I once went winter camping. It sounded fun but turns out I had to build my own igloo and sleep in it. It was cold, I got frostbite and it went down in history as the reason I HATE winter.
4. I love napping and wish I could nap every day. I believe that every country should follow Spain’s lead and close up shop between 1-3pm so we can all nap.
5. I used to be vegetarian. I was really into all things veggie and vegan for all the health and animal rights reasons for a long time. Then I got pregnant with my son and craved steak like never before. All day and all night all I thought about was a huge massive piece of filet mignon. I caved, enjoyed my steak and never went back. Maybe one day I will but for now filet mignon with béchamel sauce is my BFF.
6. Riding a mule down the Grand Canyon was an experience I will never forget. Absolutely breathtaking.
7. Today at the gym I learned how motivating it is when an elite runner chooses the treadmill next to you. This guy looked like one of those elite Kenyan runners that you see on tv at the starting line of the Boston or NYC Marathons. He ran so fast, for so long and barely broke a sweat. I probably looked like a chronic asthma sufferer next to him but boy I was motivated!! 🙂
Here are the blogs I nominate to receive the One Lovely Blog Award:
Thanks again, Earth Zen Mama for the nomination!
Have a lovely day everyone 🙂